We are preparing to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this message finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. Everyone on the planet has been affected by COVID-19. We want to update you on our office, it's measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our procedures in place are such that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We will be following rigorous protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and the team members at Kouvaris Orthodontics. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions for health and safety. A brief Wellness Form will be sent to you electronically for your completion prior to the appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and text the office number, 408-264-1884, letting us know that you have arrived. We will respond by text to let you know we are ready for you to come into the office.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment area. Please try to limit those attending to the patient only, or patient and one parent/caregiver. Do not bring friends and siblings.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal and local guidelines for social distancing (6ft) and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using.
- Your temperature will be taken by our team using a thermometer. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You'll also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee/tea, children’s books, etc. since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing/sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated. No tooth-brushing, only hand-washing. Please brush at home.
- Patients will be seated in treatment chairs in the office to maintain social distancing
- We ask for your understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with unexpected issues may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. Appointments will be made in the very near future so be on the lookout for a communication from us. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Andrew Kouvaris and Team