KOUVARIS ORTHODONTICS AND COVID-19 UPDATE
We hope this message finds everyone healthy and happy! We want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our procedures in place are such that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We follow rigorous protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and the team members at Kouvaris Orthodontics. The information below is an example of what to expect when it is time for your next appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions for health and safety. A brief Wellness Form will be sent to you electronically for your completion 1 hour prior to the appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and text the office number, 408-264-1884, letting us know that you have arrived. We will respond by text to let you know we are ready for you to come into the office.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal and local guidelines for wearing a mask in healthcare settings continue, so everyone entering the office should wear a mask.
- Your temperature will be taken by our team using a forehead thermometer. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, we will reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer or wash them in our hand washing/sanitizing station.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing/sanitizing station. No tooth-brushing, only hand washing. Please brush at home.
- Please limit those attending to the patient only, or patient and one parent/caregiver if the child needs to be accompanied. Do not bring friends and siblings.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment area unless you are asked by a team member to enter
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been arranged to maintain social distancing.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee/tea, children’s books, etc. since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Patients will be seated in treatment chairs in the office to maintain social distancing
- We ask for your understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with unexpected issues may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient.
Dr. Andrew Kouvaris and Team